Re: experimental gtk+ 3.3.2 win32 build

Just curious, when you guys mention VS, you mean:

- MSBuild?, to build with the command line (more prone to automation).
- VS Express? Or the non-free versions?

Cheers

On 10/27/2011 02:58 PM, Pedro Ignacio Guridi wrote:
Hi Ryan,

That's a good point...
What about Jhbuild? oh.. only works with mingw i think.., right?
I use to do builds of unreleased/new GTK+ versions relatively often for
testing,
anyway i never compiled them with VS.., ill keep that in mind for the
next builds.
And maybe then try to figure out something for start automating that
process, would
be great to have something robust for building the GTK+ stack in win32.

Regards,
Pedro

2011/10/27 Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca <mailto:desrt desrt ca>>

    hi Pedro,

    On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 16:14 -0300, Pedro Ignacio Guridi wrote:
     > Hello everyone,
     > I dont know if this list is the right place to post this information,
     > my apologies if is not.
     > I built Gtk+ 3.3.2, Glib 2.31, etc. under win32 (mingw32), I
    wanted to
     > share the link if somebody is interested or finds it useful.

    In general, we are interested in improving the situation with respect to
    Windows builds.

    We'd like to do this in a more robust way (ie: done with every version
    and posted on gtk.org <http://gtk.org>).  Ideally, this would be
    automated.

    It's worth noting that it's already relatively easy for us to do mingw
    builds and indeed we have a full set of them in the Fedora archive.
    What we really lack is a good method of doing regular builds using
    Visual Studio (which is necessary to get the correct debugging symbols
    into the libraries).

    Do you have any ideas how we could possibly automate this process?

    Cheers