Re: GTK3 size negotiation

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:34:47 -0400
Tristan Van Berkom <tristanvb openismus com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 15:25 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > It is a GtkNotebook. I haven't checked yet whether it's specific to
> > that or containers in general.
>
> Then I would try the new GTK+ to check if your bug is fixed.
>
> I suspect it is, the release notes a few days ago highlight new h4w
> support in GtkNotebook:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2011-September/msg00175.html

I've written a pair of programs which show GtkNotebook labels are
affected, but labels packed into a GtkHBox are not. I was about to
report the bug against GtkNotebook when I saw your message and realised
it might have been fixed already.

I usually stick to Debian packaging for such essential libraries.
Somebody once told me of a tool that makes it easy to build bleeding
edge versions of the GTK stack for testing, but I can't remember what it
was called or find it by browsing GNOME/GTK developer sites. Do you or
anyone else recognise what I'm referring to?