Re: _wstat on Windows (actually stat stuff in general)

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:05:57AM +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On 29 September 2011 09:57, Andrew W. Nosenko
> <andrew w nosenko gmail com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:35, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
> >> I would say, bah. Any actively maintained (or recently written)
> >> GLib-using code that doesn't use GIO by now is just being maintained
> >> or written in a misguided fashion.
> >
> > Tor, did I understand your position right that any program written in
> > the speed in minds and uses Glib is written in a misguided fashion?
>
> that's a fairly creative way of misinterpreting that sentence.
>
> if GIO is measurably slower at doing I/O than a stat(), please: file
> bugs along with profiling data.

I wish GLib was the nice utility library it used to be.  A utility
library provides functionality people find useful; there is no agenda
and consequently no need to tell people they are misguided if they just
want to use the functionality they find useful and do not want use
specific complex frameworks because they find them cumbersome.

Yeti