Re: _wstat on Windows (actually stat stuff in general)

Am 29.09.2011 12:24, schrieb Kean Johnston:
If you are happy limiting yourself to a single platform and don't need
some the magic that comes with GIO, feel free to use stat(). It's not
UNIXWARE, SCO OpenServer, AIX, Solaris, MacOS X, Windows, Linux,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Minix, HP-UX ... did I miss any platforms?
I'll consider myself limited.

How about a test case that first times stat recursively over a large folder and then the same with g_file_query_info. If you could run that on some typical hardware you're working with, I think that should be quite interesting.

Personally I regularly talk to people who use my code on "obscure" systems I don't have, maybe never heard of. And I really need practical examples of what they are doing and how it's performing. It doesn't help to emphasize your point if there is no way for the other person to understand it.

ciao,
    Christian