Re: Exposing masked strings for password fields to accessibility

On 08/10/2012 12:43 PM, Mario Sanchez Prada wrote:
> However, I understand some might see the fact of exposing the number of
> masked characters as a security issue, so that's why I'm asking for
> feedback here now.

If an application exposes the number of characters to be rendered on the
screen, then I don't think it's a problem for accessibility tools to
'see' the number of characters too.

There are approaches for security sensitive applications to hide the
number of characters in their password. But then the application should
be using that approach for the GtkEntry anyway.

Cheers,

Stef