Re: Question about deprecated Gdk thread lock functions

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Tadej Borovšak <tadeboro gmail com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> As far as I know, gdk-pixbuf is thread-safe and those global locks are
> not needed. Are you sure other parts of your code that could contribute
> to this error are fine?

gdk-pixbuf is not really thread-safe. It tries to put a lock around
thread-unsafe image libraries, but that is not really sufficient to
make all problems go away. Particularly problematic is that librsvg
uses pango, and pango is not thread-safe.