Re: Review appreciated: touch-text-selection branch

Thanks for the debug envvar. Overall, feels more robust now. Still a
few things that are odd:

- I guess the fact that double and triple clicking gives me a nonempty
selection with just a single handle is not really an issue, since you
don't double click on a touchscreen.

- I can't select 'backwards' ie click and then drag against the text
direction. Maybe not a huge deal, but it is noticable to me.

- In the hypertext example of gtk3-demo, when clicking on a link, I
end up with a leftover handle at the wrong position.

- Selecting text in an entry, moving the focus away (to remove the
handles), and then clicking in the selection to bring the focus back,
I see the two handles appear at the ends of the selection, and when I
release the mouse button, the selection gets collapsed to the cursor
with a single handle. That is a little irritating and flickery

- In the 'entry buffer' example, type some text in the first entry,
then select it (two handles appear). Now click in the second entry
(the two handles in the first entry disappear, and the cursor in the
second entry gets a single handle). Now hit tab twice to cycle the
focus back. The first entry now has two handles again. The fact that
the handles reappeared on focus in in this case seems arbitrary, they
don't do otherwise

- In a scrollable entry, I seem to be able to scroll to the end by
moving the second handle all the way to the end. But it doesn't seem
to work in the other direction

- In text views, there seem to be situations where it is not possible
to move the handles closer to each other, although they're still more
than a row apart (see attached screenshot).

- Scrolling to extend the selection seems to generally work fine in
text views, but I've managed to get to a situation where the handles
disappeared after a lot of scrolling, and then they never wanted to
come back afterwards (they always briefly flashed in when I started a
new selection, and then disappeared again). Haven't been able to
reproduce that consistently.