Re: FW: Tree structure for a win32 application deployment

Hi

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Fan Chun-wei <fanc999 yahoo com tw> wrote:

> Sorry, I am resending this as I missed the mail list when I sent this last night from my phone :)
>
>>> Setting PATH would work, or (assuming your app isn't intended to be run
>>> from the command line) you could use AppPaths:
>>>
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee872121%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
>>
>>I don' twant to  with the system environment PATH variable because I learned that's not the right way to work with GTK.
>>I tried AppPath
> I think what was meant is to start a cmd prompt and use the command "set PATH=<some_path_seperated_by_;>" in it prior to running your program in it, which means the set path is only valid for this cmd prompt.
>
> Another alternative is to use a simple .bat file containing the "set PATH=<some_path_seperated_by_;>" followed by the call to your program's .exe

A more advanced way to do this is compile your application as a
library and then have a small loader stub resolve the paths to Gtk+
and then the application at runtime. This is how Pidgin works, for
example:

http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/file/77872b7f18741bca0e5bda735debf9ea3e3d386f/pidgin/win32/winpidgin.c

although that is a particularly complicated example :)