Re: GNOME Development Network

Hi Thomas!

Thanks a lot for your offer to help, I'm CCing gtk-devel for the rest of the hackers to follow this conversation and making sure we don't duplicate any work ;-)

There are things you can help with along these lines. The first thing is, if you really want to help me, please spend some time learning django! I've been learning as I go, is not a big deal if you know pyhton already and I can certainly help. I have very limited time to work on this so I really need help with the core. You don't need to learn giraffe, I have that covered!

On a more high level point of view, I think the best way you can help is by putting together an API documentation review plan for the GNOME project. We can start small and we will certainly need help, but writing guidelines on how someone can review the docs would be nice! (This could be like the HIG for API documentation X-)

Now, before we do the guidelines we need to do some ground work to figure out what the most common quirks are, this means taking a library like GLib/GObject and going through it sctructure by structure, class by class and function by function, trying to figure out things like you mentioned (which functions should I use with this one, how do I get an object of class X from?)

We can start with GObject itself and move from there!

What do you think? Are you up for the task?

Cheers,
Alberto Ruiz