Re: gtk-2-24-win32 branch merged into gtk-2-24

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:44:53 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 15:19 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
The -win32 branch is now in a pretty good state and seems to be the best Gtk 2.x version for win32 so far, so I just merged it into gtk-2-24, and
I plan to do a release later this week.
[snip]

Many thanks for that.

What's happening with win32 support in GTK+ 3? Do you have any idea when there will be binaries available, even for testing? I'd like to update
Glom's Windows installer.

I maintain http://www.optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/GTK+3/
which is built from ATK, Pango, GLib, GTK+, GObject-Introspection, etc
master branches. For some modules with highly experimental patches that
have not yet been accepted "upstream" even.

Updated bundles happen from time to time, when something interesting
has changed (and I don't forget to upload it). That said, feel free to poke me if you need some specific update for some of the modules or something...

win32 testing is most welcome, but I'd strongly advise against distributing this to end users through an installer (or any other means). There is simply too much that still needs to be done to make it as usable on win32 as GTK+2 was
before and we don't want to give GTK+3 a bad name, do we ;)

mvg,
Dieter