Re: EXTERNAL: Re: win32 installer?

On 7/16/2012 3:25 PM, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:
There's a couple of patches you need that are not yet upstreamed
(due to their "ugly hack"/"wip" status) in this branch:
https://github.com/dieterv/gobject-introspection/commits/windows
Thanks.  I downloaded last night.  I hope you don't mind me asking
but I guess I don't totally understand what I read at the site.
Is this a complete snapshot of the gobject-introspection project
with your changes or does this only represent the files that are
changed.

I tried building this windows version from you and got a fail saying
that gtk-doc.mak was missing.  I thought that perhaps the windows
bundle includes only files that are different so I copied all the
missing ones from the latest release (is this a correct assumtion?)

autoreconf and configure seemed to work ok but make failed with this
output
e/glib-2.0/gobject/glib-types.h gir/glib-2.0.c g-ir-scanner g-ir-compiler.exe --output GLib-2.0.gir > g-ir-scanner.args
  GISCAN GLib-2.0.gir
make[2]: *** [GLib-2.0.gir] Error 5

and a Python crash

Which is used to produce the experimental GTK+ bundle (including
g-i and pygobject for Python 2.7) on:
http://optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/GTK+3/
I will have to try this.

Installers are for end user product (GIMP, Gedit, Inkscape, etc)
but not for libraries and components used to build such end user
products. An installer for some sort of an SDK however would a
I understand your point but I have to admit that the gtkmm installer
that I have used in the past was very handy.  I suppose all that is
really needed is to copy those libraries and components to a chosen
directory and maybe setup a few environment variables?

come to think of it, isn't that (SDK) what we normally think of
when talking installers?  Even a folder of files with some instruction
for setting environment variables would be great.

Damon Register