Re: g_rename() problem on Windows (and suggested remedy)

On 2012-03-26 13:43, John Emmas wrote:
The above code gives me a handle which is functionally equivalent to a
Glib file handle (it can be used with read() and write() etc) BUT the
file can be renamed - even when open.

Reaching back into my memory of windows development past here ... but won't reading/writing to such a windows file handle after a rename/delete return an error?

This would be significantly different than the unix behavior of being able to continue to read/write to a file descriptor even if the directory entry is moved or deleted.

Cheers,

Stef