Re: Glib: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT

On Sat, 2012-09-15 at 13:35 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> If you want to use intltool, you should probably remove the GETTEXT
> macros. intltool is a sort-of wrapper around xgettext which interferes
> with gettext's own way of setting up po/.

So, sorta off topic, but what should we [recommend people] use? I'm
obviously thrilled that people are translating the strings in our
applications but I'm unsure how to tell people to set things up when
they initialize a new project.

At the moment we're telling people to start with xgettext, then msginit,
them msgfmt; I get the impression that might be dated.

AfC
Sydney