branching

Hey,

I have been thinking when to create stable branches and open up master
for new development. At least for GLib, we are in the nice position
that we have a number of patches and branches lined up already, as you
can see here: https://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/Roadmap. And 2.34 seems
pretty stable so far. Therefore, I'd like to propose that we branch
GLib next week and land the items on the roadmap early.

For GTK+, things are less clear, with Owens animation work and
Benjamins actor plans both still somewhat up in the air. I hope to get
more clarity on the state of these at the Boston Summit next weekend.

Comments ?

Matthias