Re: Reg. modifying GTK+ to add menu option

Hi,

Le 10/04/2013 19:52, Sindhu S a écrit :
[...]

Can you please answer my following questions:

1. Do you feel this is functionality is useful? (regardless of the path
I proposed to accomplish it)

Maybe, but I don't personally find it particularly useful for me at first.

If yes, is there a more appropriate way of adding this functionality?

I think there is, yes.

2. Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how this functionality could
be achieved alternatively that is, without having to modify GTK+?

I'm no expert on the matter, but I think a GTK module would be better.
AFAIK a module can be whatever they want (see e.g. Ubuntu's thing that
exports menus through DBus), and they are external things -- just happen
to be loaded by GTK.

Hope it helps,
Colomban