Re: GTK+3 win32/64 build environment

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 14:44 +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
Hi

Their build requirements is similar to yours or anyone:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using
+Cerbero. We are building the same set of packages after all. Building
only gtk+ is really not enough in many cases. It's not going to fly if
each project distribute its own set of binaries.

Reading the code, Cerebo looks pretty nice.  The only obviously lame
thing I saw so far is:

gstreamer-clutter.package:
    sys_deps_devel = {
            Distro.DEBIAN: ['libgl1-mesa-dev', 'libdrm-dev',
                'libx11-dev', 'libxext-dev', 'libxfixes-dev',
                'libxdamage-dev', 'libxcomposite-dev', 'libxi-dev'],
            Distro.REDHAT: [
                'libXrender-devel', 'libXv-devel',
                'mesa-libGL-devel', 'libXcomposite-devel',
                'libXi-devel']}

jhbuild's sysdeps implementation is a lot better because it avoids this
tedious duplicative package name hardcoding.

Maintenance of a shared and proven project can be easier than a new
standalone one. Many people who have experience with distro and
windows build contributed to it. Also I think cerbero isn't that
complicated, it looks quite elegant and powerful for what it does.

So, as far as doing native Windows builds, it looks to me like since
Cerebo is actively used in the GStreamer world which is architecturally
close to GTK+/GNOME, it'd make a lot of sense to use it here.

Tarnyko, have you looked at Cerebo at all?