Re: GTK+3 win32/64 build environment

On 16 Apr 2013, at 10:38, Fan Chun-wei wrote:

The latest stable release tarballs of GLib, Pango, ATK, GDK-Pixbuf and GTK+ (2 and 3) should be building as
long as the dependencies outlined in https://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/Win32/MSVCCompilationOfGTKStack are met.
Please let us know via Bugzilla if there is something that's not kept up-to-date for those. The
gdbus-codegen and gio-querymodules GLib tools are not yet built via the project files, though, which is
something I hope to do soon.

Hi Fan,

I've already completed gdbus-codegen so I can probably give you some tips.  Firstly, the python scripts won't
build under Windows.  Anywhere you see this:-

        from . import <whatever>

you'll need to abbreviate it to:-

        import <whatever>

I could never figure out why the original statements wouldn't work.  I've got other Python scripts with
exactly the same type of statements but they seem to build okay.  I spent days trying to figure out what was
wrong but eventually I gave up.

There was also one specific script (I think it was called "parser.py") which I needed to move into it's own
module (subfolder).  I created a subfolder called "parse".  So instead of this:-

        from . import parser

The relevant source(s) ended up like this:

        from parse import parser

Of course, it'd be great if you can figure out why the build problems exist in the first place but if you
can't, the above modifications do work.

John