Re: Stock Items Deprecation

Dear,

I have a question about this sentence :
"The guidance since before GTK+ 3.0 was for buttons to be text labels only or icon images only."

I always design my applications based on the "GNOME Human Interface Guidelines" and I never read something like this. Plus, in this guide, all screenshoots show button with text label and icon. Do this guide needs an update ?

If I replace all gtk_button_new_from_stock by gtk_button_new_with_mnemonic then by default every button will not have an icon. So does the gnome-tweak-tool's option "Buttons Have Icons" will disappear and the answer will always be no ?

Thanks,
Vincent LE GARREC