Re: glib-mkenums in glib 2

I would like to see that information - even if I have no instant use
for it - but I am pretty sure it will help a lot of people digging for
information.

Best

Bernhard

2013/2/19 John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk>:
On 4 Jan 2013, at 10:49, Matthew Brush wrote:

From the last few messages on this thread, it kind of sounds like your module search path is not set up
correctly, that is, Python doesn't know where to look to import your modules/packages (try
"print(sys.path)" to see which paths I mean). There's good docs about this on python.org (as well as all
kinds of other excellent docs/tuts).

Hi guys,

I suppose everyone's probably forgotten all about this by now - so to recap...

I was trying to use Visual Studio to do a complete build of libglib, including the various perl and python
scripts such as 'glib-mkenums' and 'gdbus-codegen'.  glib-mkenums eventually got solved but I couldn't
build gdbus-codegen (which needs Python).  My builds were consistently failing at lines which looked like
this:-

from  .  import  <something>

A few people suggested changing those lines to a simplified version:-

import <something>

but initial tests didn't look good, so I gave up.  But yesterday I came across this thread at StackOverflow
which gave me some further information to consider:-

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/72852/how-to-do-relative-imports-in-python

and finally, after a lot of patience I've just managed to make the build work!  It does seem to be a
problem with paths and I'm not yet sure what the minimum changes are.  However, if anyone's still
interested, I'll simplify it as much as I can and post the solution here sometime.

John