Re: Some shortcomings in gtestutils

On 02/21/2013 03:46 AM, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

* Now that the a11y infrastructure is included in-the-box with GTK+, it
sounds like a good idea to start putting an a11y-based testing
infrastructure in GTK+ itself.  For the file chooser's tests, I had to
do some manual hacks to simulate, "click this button", "find the
dialog", "click the dialog's button"... this is tricky C code that
assumes too much knowledge of the internals of the toolkit, and I'd love
to write some higher-level stuff instead for such tests.  (Feel free to
reply about this in a different thread - this could derail *this* thread
pretty fast) :)

Well, the current gtk test suite is about unit tests, but the a11y-tests
are more about functional tests. I'm not sure if gtk developers wants to
add on gtk itself so high-level tests. In any case, if this is done, it
would be good to take a look to old initiatives like DesktopTesting [1],
and which gtk tests are already defined on Mago, ldtp, etc. Although I
have the feeling that most of those tests are application oriented, it
would be good to check if they have specific gtk+ tests.

BR

[1] https://live.gnome.org/DesktopTesting

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias