Re: ATK question

On 11/19/2013 10:51 AM, John Emmas wrote:

Version numbering of ATK and the numbers of the branches are not
exactly
the same. In fact, if you take a look to the name of the branches,
it is
not "atk-3-2" but "gnome-3-2". Those branches are a utility for
GNOME as
a whole. So on the branch gnome-3-2.x of atk, you will find the atk
that
you should use on gnome 3.2.x.

How interesting.  Over the years I've noticed that certain libraries
attempt to track each other to some extent but I had no idea that
there's ever a co-ordinated release of gnome in its entirety.

On GNOME there is a release planning as a whole. In short a new stable
major stable or GNOME is released each 6 months, doing some beta
unstable release in between. You can see all the info about release
planning here [1]. In any case, is somewhat outdated, as it talks about
previous release. You can see current cycle schedule here [2]

I wouldn't like to be the person who co-ordinates it.  He must have a
pretty stressful life!  ;-)

And that's the reason this is coordinated by a team, the release-team [3][4]

Many thanks for the explanation.

You are welcome.

BR

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/