Re: pygtk version

hi;

On 16 November 2013 20:09, Rudra Banerjee <bnrj rudra gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
do pygtk still use gtk2.x? The tutorial in pygtk shows, that is the case
(http://www.pygtk.org/tutorial.html ).

yes: pygtk is GTK+ 2.x, Python 2.x only and it's not maintained any more.

GTK+ 3.x is wrapped through introspection by pygobject.

Though I have found another site (non gnome,
http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ ) I am still to
find the official gnome document, ala pygtk.

there is no "official" API reference: you're supposed to use the C API
reference until we can generate documentation for non-C languages from
the same introspection data.

the tutorial you link, alongside the beginner tutorials available on
developer.gnome.org[0] are as "official" as you can get.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0] https://developer.gnome.org/gnome-devel-demos/unstable/tutorial.py.html.en

--