Tutorials on writing bindings?

Hi Everyone

I am trying to write a GTK binding.

There are lots of resources on the web but I am finding that they cover some parts but leave other parts out.

I am a bit of a jack of all trades with languages and unfortunately master of none. Any start-to-finish, sort of tutorial would really help in just about any language.

I have made some progress, the only part I am having trouble with is the type system. I know that gobject is supposed to help in binding to other languages and I understand that gobject introspection is being used to generate the glue code between languages now but I would like to learn more about how that happens exactly and I would still like to write bindings to the 2.0 series as well, possibly using the older methods as well.

Any links would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading-Patrick