Re: GTK+ scene graph

I hope I can still run gtk 4 applications on a virtual machine in the cloud somewhere that can present its display in a X server on my local machine--the VM probably would run Red Hat Linux or CentOS, and its can present a GNOME desktop via VNC in the fallback mode, or GNOME terminal via Xpra

This use case (accessing a remote GNOME session running on a VM) would work with no issues in the GNOME 2 days, and may work somewhat right now with GNOME 3, and I hope it will continue to work in the future where the GL support on the VM is not guaranteed.   But it shall be important for Red Hat distributions, likely a large part of GNOME deployment.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On 18 August 2014 18:32, Andy Tai <atai atai org> wrote:
> Would this new layer have performance implications?  On older computers that
> would not be GPU accelerated

what "older computers" are we talking about? 10 years old? unsupported
GPUs with no drivers?

--
Andy Tai, atai atai org, Skype: licheng.tai
Year 2014 民國103年