Building gdk-pixbuf loaders as static libs

I build the Windows version of our product (Mixbus) which utilises both pango and gdk-pixbuf. Each library contains various 'modules' and for many years I've been building them as externally loadable DLLs (i.e. pango modules and gdk-pixbuf loaders). We use the usual text files to tell Mixbus where to find them. Unfortunately, this can be inconvenient on Windows because it isn't always easy to predict where Windows will install them (for example, lots of Windows users don't even have a C: drive).

A few weeks ago I discovered that it's possible to build pango's modules as static libs and link them to pango statically. This was a big step forward for us and it was mostly just a case of reconfiguring my MSVC projects and #defining PANGO_MODULE_PREFIX in a few places.

Is it possible to do the same thing with gdk-pixbuf (i.e. link statically to the various pixbuf loaders)? If so, is it similarly easy and/or are there any instructions anywhere that I could refer to? Many thanks,

John