Re: a new combo box

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
Cosimo talks about GtkPopover and GtkMenu, but those just sort of have me stunned. Why should I use one instead of the other?

I doubt application authors choose which widget to use by reading type names in API references; if you're following a style guide like the HIG, the recommendation will come from there.
Other times you will want a widget that looks/works like one you've seen elsewhere, and the visual/behavioral difference will make it obvious why there are two different classes.

Cosimo