Re: Heads-up: Potentially breaking changes to the GDK drawing model pushed

Le samedi 21 juin 2014 à 10:05 -0400, Paul Davis a écrit :

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Jean Brefort
<jean brefort normalesup org> wrote:

        > you're drawing on the window outside of an expose/draw
        event?>

        Yes, because using draw events presents serious performance
        issues.

can you describe these or point to a description of them? there are
several "native" window(ing) systems where this is actually impossible
to do.

In gnumeric this arised when we draw an animated rectangle around the
selected rectangle. When using the draw event, we need to repaint
everything inside the rectangle and this made gnumeric quite
unresponsive when there were many cells displayed at once.

Jean