Re: Heads-up: Potentially breaking changes to the GDK drawing model pushed

On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 21:00 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
[...]
Please double-check to make sure your apps still work fine. If you
have a problem with any of this or I broke your apps by accident,
please reply and I'll try to fix it.

This seems to affect GtkChamplainEmbed[1] (and in turn Maps) badly.
Zeeshan posted an example of this[1] to the Champlain mailing list
yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with either Gdk, Clutter,
GtkClutter or Champlain to say anything about the code, but I did a
bisect of Gtk+ to see what commit introduced this and it seems to be:
  b875572 gtkwidget: Widgets are now always double-buffered

So I guess I'm hoping for some insights from someone on where I should
start looking for a solution to this. :)

Regards,
Mattias

--
1: