Shift-Insert and primary selection

Hello,

I would like to know, why would GTK use Shift-Insert to paste clipboard. This
is not standard: any other program would use it to paste X primary selection.
And it breaks interaction with some things, most often terminal emulators.

Say, you have a terminal emulator that allows you to select text by keystrokes
(They do exist, and many people use them, see URXVT!). Having marked it, you
want to paste it in a GTK program. Can you use Shift-Insert, as you would with
any other toolkit? No way! It won't work! You have to tear your right hand off
the keyboard and drag the rodent to there! Irritating.

Would any committers like to check out my patches for the problem?

Regards,

Mike