Re: Improve word boundaries for text widgets

On 09/27/2014 04:52 AM, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
I'm doing exactly this in Builder today for VIM style `w` and `b`.
Ctrl+right is the same as 'e' in Vim: go to the next word end.
Ctrl+left is the same as 'b' in Vim: go to the previous word start.

Is there a good reason to choose 'w' instead of 'e'? I think 'e' and 'b'
are better for word selection with Ctrl+Shift+arrow.

I just want to have a small VIM compatibility layer for some of us that
can't change our mental model to a non-modal editor. I'm not totally
sure I'll go through with this fully, but it's worth spending a day or
two prototyping on top of GtkTextView/GtkSourceView.

-- Christian