Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org> wrote:
I moved this to the wiki:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Preview

Hey, thanks for starting this discussion!

I think the document would benefit from a section listing some
expected use cases: where do we expect this preview to be used ?
nautilus, filechooser - anything else ? Having that list will make it
easier to judge whether the "embedding" api is suitable for all those
cases.

Also, it would be good to list some of the things that you expect to
preview: documents, videos, music, images - anything else ? Having
that list will help to get a sense for the interactivity that will be
required from the preview.

One thing we should keep in mind while designing this is that we hope
to make application more isolated from the host system (and from each
other) with https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps - what we
come up here should have a chance of working in such an environment.