Re: Dropping 'fringe' pixbuf loaders

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 01:20 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:

As for removing those loaders, I'd double-check whether GIMP has
native
support for those (not through a gdk-pixbuf loader), so that at least
some modicum of support is left for those, making it less likely that
we'll crash when somebody has a duff file in their file manager.

Turning a pixbuf loader into a GIMP file import plug-in is fairly
trivial, perhaps even into a GEGL load operation. Can you come
to #gimp for discussing this? I don't currently have time for doing
this myself, but we will definitely help whoever is interested
hacking it up.

Regards,
Mitch