Re: Interface analyzer for GTK+

On Wed, 2015-09-30 at 10:40 +0200, Daniel Milewski wrote:
What kind of events are you wanting to log?

I need to log events caused by user interacting with the program.
More
specifically, I have to log GDK events of these types:

* GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY
* GDK_BUTTON_PRESS
* GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS
* GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE
* GDK_KEY_PRESS
* GDK_KEY_RELEASE

I also need to store along some data about widgets (like their name
and
size), to make distinction between events received by different
widgets.

Sounds like SystemTap would be appropriate for this.

I suggest the events be agnostic to your GOMS software.

What do you mean by that?

Output a general event trace, usable by all sorts of software. Not an
event trace which is only useful for GOMS.

Philip