Re: [glib] malloc and bdwgc

Yes, but glib is the only one I'm using now.

Still I don't know how to make GC_malloc() call the original malloc()
if I'm using LD_PRELOAD or the wrapper function and dlsym way.

Just now I found I've misread
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Hooks-for-Malloc.html
, and that such replacement can possibly be done in a single-threaded
environment, because the hook is done with a global function pointer
variable initialization and it seems that the function is called
before memory allocation initialization

However as in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4184280/are-the-gcc-memory-hooks-sometimes-bypassed
, there are nasty race conditions for such hook. And my program needs
threads.

Are there any other way around?
--
张海
浙江大学 计算机科学与技术

There are many libraries that can call malloc before main().