Re: Gtk+4.0

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 12:06 PM <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu27 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On 21/06/16 16:26, Peter Weber wrote:
> I don't see here an active discussion about Gtk+4.0[1]? So I'm trying to
> write about my thoughts, in a careful way. In the first moment, I thought
> this is a good idea and just the numbering is misleading. Stability is what
> developers want, we need it, we love it. With a few days distance,
> numbering is just a small issue, I see this now entirely different and
> three major issues:

Here are some thoughts I have about all this, from a downstream maintainer POV.

Thanks! It's good to get opinions from all over the place.

And, speaking of that, there was a blog post [1] on the GTK 4 subject that recently got a lot of attention on Hacker News. I reached out to the author and encouraged them to give their opinion here, but it seems the message is stalled in the moderator queue. Is there a moderator who can help?

[1] https://davmac.wordpress.com/2016/07/05/why-do-we-keep-building-rotten-foundations/

Regards,
Philip C