Re: Number of dynamically linked libraries (Was: Re: Gtk+4.0)

On 23/06/16 11:22, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 05:19:19PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
If there is a compelling advantage to splitting up libraries, of course,
by all means do so.

I have an example: gspell:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gspell

To be clear, I'm not arguing that things like gspell shouldn't be a
separate library; I think GNOME's current level of modularity is about
right. However, there is such a thing as too much modularity: it isn't
quite as simple as "splitting libraries is always good".

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>