Re: Removal of embedded widgets in 4.x

On 17.11.2016 13:06, Alexander Larsson wrote:
On fre, 2016-11-11 at 11:41 +0800, fanc999 yahoo com tw wrote:

In GTK+ git master embedded widgets were removed, along with the win32
and x variants.  The thing is, gtkprintoperation-win32.c makes use of
these items, which will then prevent it to built and work.

However, the question is that over time as the way gtk+ renders is
completely switched around, dropping things like non-toplevel GdkWindows,
will we be able to keep the win32 embedding working? I'm not as sure about
that part.

Worst case scenario: put a single W32 button control into the foreign
window, display a normal GTK+ dialog when that button is pressed. Or
something along these lines.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org