Re: MSVC compilation problem in git master

Hi John/Emmanuele,

Emmanuele Bassi 於 2017/8/25 下午 05:17 寫道:
On 25 August 2017 at 10:13, John Emmas <john creativepost co uk> wrote:

       #include "gdk-pixbuf-marshal.c"

However... in commit  #591f959adb  that got changed to this:-

       #include "gdk-pixbuf-marshal.h"

You need to ensure that gdk-pixbuf-marshal.c is in your GDK-Pixbuf project, since as far as I recall you did your own projects for Visual Studio 2005.  Note that the projects in the tarball does contain that source file upon release, since the complete projects for the GDK-Pixbuf DLL is filled in by autotools when it packages the tarball (i.e. 'make dist'), so you only see things like 'win32/vs9/gdk-pixbuf.vcprojin', not 'win32/vs9/gdk-pixbuf.vcproj' in the GIT source tree, for instance.
The Visual Studio project files are not up to date, and since we're
switching the build to Meson, I don't think they'll stay in tree much
longer.

Hmm, I actually did some enhancements in there yesterday, and tested them (along with the vanilla 2.36.9 tarball from the GNOME FTP) and they work fine (i.e. that required gdk-pixbuf-marshal.c is indeed in the projects upon packaging the source tarballs).  The reason I am bringing this up is that Meson itself will require Visual Studio 2010 and later, so the projects (especially the 2008 ones, which I will do my best to maintain after the autotools build system is dropped) will continue to be maintained, until the time when the sources will require compiler features that 2008 cannot support easily.  So, please do let us know about any issues in the MSVC projects, because I do want to ensure that MSVC builds will continue to work for the GNOME modules that support MSVC currently.

Hope this helps.

With blessings, and cheers!