Re: Contributing

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 08:19:49PM +0200, Panagiotis Follas wrote:
I am developer, and I would like to contribute to gtk development. But
first I would like some guidance.
I can code on windows 7 platform. Like where to start and how.

See:
http://ometer.com/hacking.html

Have you already written an application in GTK+? Have you already
written a library based on GLib/GTK+?

Just find a bug that annoys you, see if it's already filed in bugzilla,
and try to fix it.

As a general rule of thumb for free software, look at the HACKING file
to see how to contribute (there is usually also a README file which
refers to the HACKING file, so… read the docs!).

If you attach a patch to the bugzilla, sometimes it takes a while before
getting a response. If you don't have any feedback, a solution is to ask
on IRC.

Happy hacking,
Sébastien