Re: wip/baedert/drawing branch

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Timm Bäder <mail baedert org> wrote:

> How _are_ they done now ?

gtk_widget_snapshot just draws it around the widget if
gtk_widget_has_visible_focus returns TRUE for it:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkwidget.c?h=wip/baedert/drawing#n15693

So e.g. dragging on a scale slider means the entire scale gets a focus
rectangle drawn, and entries get a focus rectangle drawn on top of their
normal focus indication (the blue border). Dunno if we can just set
can-focus to FALSE for appropriate (child) widgets and it works itself
out.

I think that is not going to work.

What we need here is a way to decouple the actual focus location (ie where key events get sent)
from the focus indication (what to draw the focus rectangle around). With gadgets, this was
separated by having focus location always be the widget, while the rectangle could be drawing
around one of the gadgets inside.