Problems with gio_drive and gio_volume

Hi all:

I've been using GIO's Drive and Volume to detect the available external disks in an app (cronopete) and it worked fine for me; but some people referred troubles: some of them says their USB disks aren't detected. Also, I found that you can't retrieve information about the SATA hard disks, no matter if they are connected through eSATA.

Is there a way of detecting ALL hard disks in the system and ALL their volumes inside with Drive.get_volumes(), no matter if they are external, internal, removable or fixed? Or I must rely on udisks2 for that?

Thanks.