Re: Moving from mailing lists to Discourse

On 06/02/2019 11:46, Emmanuele Bassi via gtk-devel-list wrote:
[Cross-posted to various relevant mailing lists; please, reply to
gtk-devel-list]

As part of an attempt at making GTK more friendly to newcomers, I and other
core developers were thinking of moving the mailing lists from the current
mailman installation to Discourse:

   https://discourse.org/

Possibly still hosted on GNOME infrastructure, depending on the
requirements for our sysadmins.

Are there any objections? Did somebody already try out Discourse and has
opinions about it that they want to share with the community?

Does that mean I have to log in to Discourse every day just to check whether some new message has arrived? If so, then no thank you. This is a low volume list, often with two or more weeks between messages.

--
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At my New Home, still doing my own thing------
Tel: +44 161 488 1845                    Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl