Re: Moving from mailing lists to Discourse

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 12:19, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

The main differences are that you’d need a different subscription account than the existing one, and that you wouldn’t have the weekly digests, as far as I can see.

It turns out I was wrong: Discourse has "weekly summaries" as well.

As for the subscription: Discourse supports multiple identity providers—Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yahoo, and GitHub are all supported, and there's a plugin available for GitLab authentication as well, so we might be able to automatically authenticate existing GTK contributors with an account on gitlab.gnome.org.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.