Re: [gtk-list] GtkCTree type name inconsistency (CTREE != C_TREE)

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Marin Purgar - PMC wrote:

> Ho!
>
> Thre is type name inconsistency in GTK+, sometimes CTree is referenced as
> CTREE and sometimes as C_TREE. I Don't have deep enough knowledge to
> idenfify where this happens (somewhere around maketypes.awk?) but it's hard
> to write interpreter interfaces (as GTK/Prel) with consistent naming on top
> of this naming scheme.

And in Gtk/Perl too, even! :-)

Actually, I think Gtk+-1.1.1 cleaned this up (so that the GtkCTree stuff
matched the GtkHBox stuff), but I'll admit that Gtk/Perl 0.3 hasn't
enabled support for CTree.

> Please explain me how the typing names are constructed!?

Ad hoc. You were expecting something else? :-)