Re: [gtk-list] Re: wheel support, was: Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

> Talking of scrolling, has anybody used Risc OS on Acorn machines? They
> do something similar: if you drag ADJUST (button 3 on their mice,
> button 2 on X mice) on a scrollbar, you get panning in much the same
> way. It's extremely handy. They also support scrolling in reverse if
> you click ADJUST on the trough or arrow of a scrollbar. Useful when
> reading text and you want to back up.

Yes, I've used RISC OS.  I sent a (long) email to this list a few
weeks back suggesting new behaviour that includes the Button 3
scrollbar dragging you mention above.  Also, Button 3 selection of
pop-up menu items that left the menu popped-up.  You should find it
in the list archives.

I didn't get any response.  I don't know if this list is the correct
place to discuss GTK UI policy;  who defines it?

Ralph.