Re: Height of Widget in Container

Ian King [ES] wrote:
> Unfortunately gtk_widget_queue_resize() has no effect in my situation as
it
> will have no effect on the time that the resizing computation is
triggered.
> I just need to be able to query the correct dimensions of a widget when it
> is placed in to an already mapped container, this means I have to find a
way
> of triggering what gtk does in its idle handler somehow.  The fact that it
> doesn't do this computation immediately when its parent is on the screen
> seems like a bug to me / design flaw.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Perhaps you could connect to the "configure" event. You'd be able to get
some code to run when the child does finally get its allocation. Sorry,
not very helpful :-(

I think the delayed geometry management is generally a good thing: it
helps reduce flicker, and usually speeds things up. You don't need so
many of those annoying freeze()/thaw() pairs if you have to make a whole
bunch of layout changes in a callback.

John

Madame de Pompadour
Images of a Mistress