Traversing a container's children..

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to recursively search a containers children?  I have vboxes containing notebooks containing tables, etc.  gtk_container_foreach only does one level of widgets. I need a way to do a similar function for each widget.  Actually, I am trying to do a cut routine, and I want to find all things that derive from gtk_editablea nd use gtk_editable_cut_text.  I just have no clue how to traverse everything, and how to check if it is a gtk_editable once I do.

Audrey