Re: Fwd: Re: [GtkGLExt] troubles with shareing display lists - it must be my machine

walter tallent schrieb:
> Grrr. Forgot to copy to the list.
>
> */walter tallent <w41t3r yahoo com>/* wrote:
>
>     Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:48:29 -0800 (PST)
>     From: walter tallent <w41t3r yahoo com>
>     Subject: Re: [GtkGLExt] troubles with shareing display lists - it
>     must be my machine
>     To: jlm <jsado_sc4 earthlink net>
>
>     Hi.
>     If I comment out "Load dri" from my xorg.conf, all the problems go
>     away.  I'm guessing that's what you meant by "disable hardware
>     acceleration."
>     The error is a segmentation fault either in driCreateContext() or
>     driDestroyContext(), depending on if I'm trying to create a new
>     opengl enabled window or killing one.  This happens in r200_dri.so.
>     Just for clarity, it doesn't matter if I'm sharing lists or not, or
>     even if I'm using display lists or not.  My app has a gtknotebook in
>     it that I'm putting my windows into, if I open a few opengl windows,
>     then close one, any one, and then either open or close another, I
>     get this crash I've been whining about for I think 2 weeks now.
>     Unless I either set the direct context parameter in
>     gtk_widget_set_gl_capability() to false OR comment out the "Load
>     dri."  Then all is well.  But slooooooowwww.
>     I also tried all of this as root, because I'm still not comfortable
>     with udev, on the off chance I have a permission issue.  I get
>     exactly the same behavior.
>     Based on that, I'm assuming that something is wrong with my
>     r200_dri.so (I have a radeon 9200).  I've got a good mind to pull it
>     out of my computer and spank it.  Hard.
>     thanks for listening
>     walter

You might want to try the latest r200_dri.so created from CVS. See
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building for build instructions (you can
skip the building and installing of xorg if you have xorg 6.9 or higher)
or get a nightly build (see http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download).
If the problem is still there you might want to report the bug on the
DRI users list (dri-users lists sourceforge net).

Philipp