Re: [gtkmm] RE: problems updating gcc compiler on SuSE Linux 8.2 (gtkmm compi lation error)

Op dinsdag 29 juli 2003 07:58, schreef Murray Cumming Comneon com:
> > From: Tamer Higazi [mailto:tamer higazi web de]
> > Dear Murray,
> > Could you please tell me where and how to update the gcc
> > compiler with
> > it's bugs?! I really don't know how to update the compiler. Or do you
> > recommend to download the full compiler from gnu.org?
>
> As I said, you really should tell SuSE about the gcc bug. They need to know
> about it, and they really should have a public bug tracker.

I had problems with this prerelease version too, compiling the latest Boost
would give an ICE. Pretty much a showstopper.

Suse gave me some excuses about how they had expected GCC 3.3 final to be out
in time for Suse 8.2. and that the whole distribution was compiled with the
prerelease so that it was pretty good tested and not a beta release at all
(as I had claimed :-)

Make of it what you want.

They gave me this link to GCC 3.3 final:

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/gcc33_release.html

For some reason it isn't in the automatic update facility which is where I
looked at first.