Display simple box indicating position on mouse click?

In one of my applications, I'd like to display the pointer position (within the widget) when a certain mouse button (I haven't decided which) is clicked, in some kind of a popup box. Any suggestions about how to achieve this? I mean, to capture the actual click and get the position, I can probably just connect to signal_button_press_event() - or possibly signal_button_release_event(), but what's the best way of actually displaying the information? Maybe I want something rather like the standard tooltips, but I don't know how to force display of those...

- Toralf